Easy 5 Step Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 pancakes
Calories: 160 kcal
Get an awesome start to your autumn mornings with a stack of these comforting and tasty pancakes. Warm, melty goodness is a few simple ingredients away!
The star of the show here is pumpkin which is super versatile and flavorful, inspiring or included in many seasonal staples—Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Oat Muffins and of course, the reigning champ of chilly weather, Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
Low in calories and rich in antioxidants, pumpkin also promotes skin health, which is crucial during cold periods when skin is most vulnerable,
Enjoy these fluffy fall treats with your favorite toppings in just 5 easy steps!
1½ cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
3 tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin puree
½ cup whole milk (or milk of your choice)
2 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
½ tsp vanilla
⅓ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, pumpkin spice seasoning, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda), mixing well.
2. Combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, whole milk, butter/oil, vanilla, egg) in a blender for incredibly smooth pancake batter. Blend on high for 30 seconds until combined.
(No blender? No worries! Whisk wet ingredients together in a separate bowl until well combined.)
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Add chocolate chips and fold them into the mixture. Be sure to let the batter rest as the pan heats up so the flour has time to thicken from the wet ingredients, at least 5-8 minutes.
4. While your batter sits, lightly coat a large non-stick pan with non-stick spray and preheat to medium or medium-low heat.
5. Pour the batter into the hot pan using a ladle or measuring cup, forming a thin, round shape. Cook for a few minutes until bubbles appear on the top of the pancake and the bottom starts to brown, at least 3 minutes. Flip the pancake with a spatula and cook for a few more minutes until the other side is golden, another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter until all the pancakes have been cooked.
Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Sasha Lee is a Jamaican writer who has too many interests, and credits in both journalism and fiction. Her work has appeared in DancehallMag.com, Ellipsis Zine, Sublunary Review and LEON Literary Review, among others. Among her creative endeavors is a monthly column entitled “The Last Bite” – where she shares a slice of paradise in food and music reviews – for MixedMag.co. She can be found on Twitter @ohsashalee.