Are you BIPOC creative looking to join a thriving, diverse community of emerging writers, artists, community activists and creatives? We’re looking for new team members to join Mixed Mag!
We are looking for people who are knowledgeable and passionate about their craft. Maybe you’re a practicing artist or photographer, you write engaging screenplays or you love writing articles about the political/ social issues that matter to your community! We are looking for someone who knows their stuff, loves what they do and is passionate about being on the forefront of showcasing emerging artists of color!
Since we are a volunteer run mag, we are unable to offer consistent compensation at this time. If you enrolled in a degree program, we can work with you to offer college credit!
BIPOC strongly encouraged to apply.
- Strong writing and impeccable editing skills required
- Competent organization and communication skills is a must!
- Must be able to commit to approx. 5-15 hours per week (demand fluctuates with submission cycle)
- Preferably located in the NYC/ DMV/ or LA area. This position is remote, but we host in person events/ community meet ups and we’d love for our editors to be available to help us cultivate community where Mixed Mag team members are located.
As Poetry Editor, your duties would include:
- Review, approve and deny poetry submissions and curate section for each Issue release
- Edit and proofread work approved for publication in the poetry section
- Interview poets for features and contribute original work to the section on a quarterly basis.
- Work with Marketing Team to highlight the poetry section’s work on social media and participate in social media takeovers on a quarterly basis
- Attend bi-weekly team meetings
- Opportunity to host in-person or virtual events and create original projects such as IGTV videos, podcasts, Youtube shows, etc.
To apply, please send us a resume and answer the question: Why Mixed Mag? Work samples will be requested if you’re selected for an interview. Send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.